VARSITY TENNIS LESSONS 2020
Tennis Pro – Shawna Lalande
Online only registration opens JUNE 23, 2020 (see schedule below) for assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not register if you are over 55 years of age or have underlying health conditions, regardless of your age, making you a higher risk for serious complications from COVID 19.
A VCA Family Membership ($36.75) is required for lesson registration, this fee includes court booking privileges once the Varsity Racquet Club is activated. (Club opening TBD) (Online membership renewal or purchase only – can be done before from website, or as part of the registration process)
NO WASHROOM ACCESS during lessons due to building closure for continuing fire mitigation work.
Weather cancellations will be scheduled on the weekend following lessons. Notification of weather cancellations will be sent via email before lessons start.
Please carefully review COVID 19, EQUIPMENT and PARENT GUIDELINES to ensure compliance with AHS, Government of Alberta and Tennis Alberta guidelines. Your assistance is required to make this a safe and fun tennis season.
COVID 19 GUIDELINES
Lessons may be cancelled with minimal notice if guidelines change or a participant notifies the VCA of a positive COVID 19 test. Refunds will depend on how many lessons have been completed.
- Do not attend lessons if you have symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, difficulty breathing) or have been in contact with someone with COVID 19 in the last 14 days.
- Daily health screening and attendance will be done by the coach at the south entrance prior to entering the court. Masks will be required by both coach and participant for this process. Please bring your own mask if possible.
- Parents must be present for health screening for all participants under 18 years of age.
- Participants who are unwell at the health screening will be asked to leave and call 811 to book a COVID 19 test, if symptoms are consistent with COVID 19. Please also notify the VCA if you become unwell at home at email@example.com
- Please notify the VCA at firstname.lastname@example.org of test results. If a positive test occurs lessons will be cancelled, AHS will be notified and given all participant contact information so contact tracing can be initiated. Test results will only be shared with AHS.
- To ensure physical distancing a maximum of 8 participants will be allowed in each lesson on 2 courts. No Varsity Racquet Club member play will be allowed during lesson times.
- Enter only through the south gate and exit through the north gate along Varsity Dr. NW
- No early drop off, late pick up or socializing following class will be permitted. Please arrive on time and leave promptly to reduce congestion between classes.
- Physical distancing protocol will be reviewed at the beginning of each lesson.
- Hand sanitizing will be mandatory upon entering, during lessons, and prior to exiting the court. Sanitizing stations will be provided on the court.
- Facility sanitizing will be done by VCA staff before and after lessons, in between lessons by the coach.
- Each participant is required to have their own racquet. Wilson racquets can be purchased from the coach on the first day of class (payment etransfer)
- Each participant must also have their own labelled water bottle, sunscreen, bug spray (optional), hat, sunglasses (optional), weather appropriate clothing and supportive footwear.
- Tennis balls will be provided with a touchless pick up system. No hand pick up will be allowed.
- All other equipment will be provided and sanitized by the coach.
- Gloves will be provided to participants for serving practice.
- The coach will be feeding all tennis balls for drill and practice.
- Do not touch gates, fences, nets, or other equipment that does not belong to you.
- Please note there is no washroom access during lessons as the building is still closed due to ongoing fire mitigation work.
- Parents must be present for the daily health screening for children under 18 years of age with, one family in the screening area by the south entrance at a time.
- No early drop off or late pick up is permitted as child care is not available before and after lessons. Socializing is not permitted near the courts to reduce congestion between classes.
- There is no court access for parents. Please email email@example.com with any questions you may have regarding your child’s progress or questions you may have.
- Watching lessons may be done from the north side fence along Varsity Dr. NW, maintaining 2 meter distancing between family groups. Access to the community garden on the south side of the courts is not permitted.
VARSTIY TENNIS LESSON SCHEDULE
|Class Dates||Week Day||Skill Level||Time||Age||Cost|
|July 13, 2020 to July 17, 2020||Monday through Friday Make-up class TBD||Youth Beginner/Novice||9:00-10:30 AM||9-12||$100.00||Register|
|July 13, 2020 to July 17, 2020||Monday through Friday Make-up class TBD||Teen Beginner/Novice||10:45-12:15 PM||13-15||$100.00||Register|
|July 13, 2020 to July 17, 2020||Monday through Friday Make-up class TBD||Adult Beginner/Novice||6:30-8:00 PM||16-55||$120.00||Register|
|July 20, 2020 to July 24, 2020||Monday through Friday Make-up class TBD||Youth Beginner/Novice||9:00-10:30 AM||9-12||$100.00||Register|
|July 20, 2020 to July 24, 2020||Monday through Friday Make-up class TBD||Teen Beginner/Novice||10:30-12:15 PM||13-15||$100.00||Register|
|July 20, 2020 to July 24, 2020||Monday through Friday Make-up class TBD||Adult Beginner/Novice||6:30-8:00 PM||16-55||$120.00||Register|
|August 17, 2020 to August 21, 2020||Monday through Friday Make-up class TBD||Youth Novice/Intermediate||9:00-10:30 AM||9-12||$100.00||Register|
|August 17, 2020 to August 21, 2020||Monday through Friday Make-up class TBD||Teen Novice/Intermediate||10:30-12:15 PM||13-15||$100.00||Register|
|August 17, 2020 to August 21, 2020||Monday through Friday Make-up class TBD||Adult Novice/Intermediate||6:30-8:00 PM||16-55||$120.00||Register|