VARSITY GROUP TENNIS LESSONS 2021
Tennis Pro – Shawna Lalande
Do not register if you are over 60 years of age or have underlying health conditions, regardless of your age, making you a higher risk for serious complications from COVID 19.
A Family Community or Family Non-Resident Membership ($36.75) is required for lesson registration, this fee includes court booking privileges when the Varsity Racquet Club is activated. (Club opening TBD) (Online membership renewal or purchase only – can be done before from website, or as part of the registration process)
NO WASHROOM ACCESS during lessons as the building is still closed to the public.
Weather cancellations will be scheduled on the weekend following lessons (same time). Please check your email for notification prior to each lesson if the weather is unsettled.
Please carefully review COVID 19, EQUIPMENT and PARENT GUIDELINES to ensure compliance with AHS, Government of Alberta and Tennis Alberta guidelines. Your assistance is required to make this a safe and fun tennis season.
COVID 19 GUIDELINES
Online health checks must be completed prior to each class for court access
Lessons may be cancelled with minimal notice if guidelines change or a participant notifies the VCA of a positive COVID 19 test. Refunds will be done on a pro-rated basis.
- Do not attend lessons if you have symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, difficulty breathing) or have been in contact with someone with COVID 19 in the last 14 days.
- Masks will be required by both coach and participant for check in. Please bring your own mask. *Masks may be required by coach and participants during class if required by AHS.
- Participants who become unwell will be asked to leave (parents will be called) and call 811 to book a COVID 19 test, if symptoms are consistent with COVID 19. Please notify the VCA if you become unwell at home at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please notify the VCA at email@example.com of test results. If a positive test occurs lessons will be cancelled, AHS will be notified and given all participant contact information so contact tracing can be initiated. Test results will only be shared with AHS.
- To ensure physical distancing a maximum of 8 participants will be allowed in each lesson on 2 courts. No Varsity Racquet Club member play will be allowed during lesson times.
- Enter only through the south gate and exit through the north gate along Varsity Dr. NW
- No early drop off, late pick up or socializing following class will be permitted. Please arrive on time and leave promptly to reduce congestion between classes.
- Physical distancing protocol will be reviewed at the beginning of each lesson.
- Hand sanitizing will be mandatory upon entering, during lessons, and prior to exiting the court. Sanitizing stations will be provided on the court.
- Facility sanitizing will be done by VCA staff before and after lessons, in between lessons by the coach.
- Each participant is required to have their own racquet. Wilson racquets can be purchased from the coach on the first day of class (payment etransfer)
- Each participant must also have their own labelled water bottle, sunscreen, bug spray (optional), hat, sunglasses (optional), weather appropriate clothing and supportive footwear.
- Tennis balls and all other equipment will be provided and sanitized by the coach.
- The coach will be feeding all tennis balls for drill and practice..
- Do not touch gates, fences, nets, or other equipment that does not belong to you.
- Please note there is no washroom access during lessons as the building is still closed to the public.
- Parents must complete the online daily health screening for children under 18 years of age.
- No early drop off or late pick up is permitted as child care is not available before and after lessons. Socializing is not permitted near the courts to reduce congestion between classes.
- There is no court access for parents. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have regarding your child’s progress or questions you may have.
- Watching lessons may be done from the north side fence along Varsity Dr. NW, maintaining 2 meter distancing between family groups. Access to the community garden on the south side of the courts is not permitted.
- Do not bring your dog onto the VCA property, it is a “dog free” zone. City Bylaw # 23M2006